ANN & BILL SALERNO
W2ONV passed away on Sunday, August 12, 2007. He had been fighting a battle with scleroderma for the past year. Unfortunately, his form of the disease was somewhat aggressive and atypical. His disease morphed into several other immune related diseases in the last months of his life causing the disease to rapidly progress. He will be greatly missed.
Bill's interest in radio spanned
a lifetime. When one reads the definition and intent of ham radio, W2ONV was a
stellar example. He took pride in his international community of friends and looked at
them as his extended family.
Ann Salerno, Bill's
adoring wife of over 57 years and loving mother of William D. Salerno passed away on July
10, 2009 of complications of a chronic illness. The Salerno household was defined by her
gracious hospitality and caring for both their local and international neighbors.
The "Bill Salerno (W2ONV) and Ann Salerno Memorial Fund of the ARRL" has been established to foster the development of youth in amateur radio. Donations are being accepted directly to the ARRL.
Donations can be mailed directly mail to the ARRL (the ARRL notifies the family of all contributions):
The Bill Salerno (W2ONV) and
Ann Salerno Memorial Fund of the ARRL
In 2008 the "Bill Salerno (W2ONV) - Memorial Scholarship" was established though the ARRL Foundation.
In 2010 the "Bill Salerno (W2ONV) and Ann Salerno - Memorial Scholarship" began sponsoring (2) scholarships yearly. Details for the college scholarships are available on the ARRL Foundation web site.
congratulations to past scholarship recipients:
- Brian Nuss, WH6ETE, 2016 scholarship recipient
- Joseph Felkins, KK4KSK, 2015 scholarship recipient
- Kyle Clever, KC2RQO, 2015 scholarship recipient
- Steve Young, KC9ENO, 2014 scholarship recipient
Tavenner, KB3SLL, 2014 scholarship recipient
- Gregory Burkhart, KC0IID, 2012 scholarship recipient
- William Lian Kelly, KD0HDF, 2012 scholarship recipient
- Morgan Burcham, KE5VFK, 2011 scholarship recipient
- Alex Brech, KC0YLD, 2011 scholarship recipient
- Sarah E. Stanley, KE5WEJ, 2010 scholarship recipient
- Jacob Wagner, KD8CDC, 2010 scholarship recipient
- Scott Button, KF3CP, 2009 scholarship recipient.
- Graham Sawyer, KC0YGT, 2008 scholarship recipient.
On behalf of Bill and Ann's family we thank all of you for your support and concern.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
73's from Studio B, a farewell salute to W2ONV by John / K3UR
has become a silent key,
CHECK OUT THESE PICTURES;
CLICK HERE TO SEE BILL'S FOX5 INTERVIEW PIC'S.
CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
NEW change to web page made today 8/10/2014